Monday, January 14, 2019

Free Time and Projects

I've been taking it easy lately to make sure babies stay-in and also because it's hard to do much in the first place.  As a result, I've finished quite a few projects.

First, I made these prints for the baby room.  I was in a drawing and coloring phase for a few weeks. 




I made some felt garland and a mobile for the baby room as well. 


You can see the garland hanging on the windows above the crib and cradle, as well as the mobile above the crib.
I finally finished a tedious paper project I started months ago.  I love the monochromatic look.


I made a banner for Katy's new room and sewed a pillow cover for a pillow on her bed. 


Most recently, I made a growth chart using a piece of scrap wood lying around.  Then, I made a clever little sign (our name is pronounced see-us) to hang next to the growth chart.  I can't wait to fill the oversized ruler with the growth of our children, starting with Katy on her upcoming fourth birthday. 

This was my first attempt at a painting project. Not bad for my first try. 

The growth ruler and the sign hung together. 

Chris did a fantastic job mounting the oversized ruler off the wall. 
I also made a banner and cake decorations for Katy's birthday. 



Most significant to Katy, however, are all the little felt blankets (simple cutting!) and extra felt beds (cutting with a quick stitch or two) I made for her doll house.  This girls loves putting all the house members and their stuffies to bed. 


No comments: