Sunday, September 24, 2017

Summer Projects

Proyectos Este Verano

Here's what the Sias family created over the summer.

Aqui esta lo que creamos sobre el verano.

I made Katy a gas pump for her car using a cardboard box and things I found around the house.  Katy enjoyed it and even mades a little "shhhh" sound as she put gas in her car.

Hice una gasolinera para el carro de Katy usando una caja de carton y cosas que encontré en la casa.  Katy le gustó y dijo, "shhhh," cuando puso gasolina en su carro.



I made Katy a cow costume using one of Chris' old undershirts and spare felt, elastic, and ribbon.   I used this tutorial as a guide for making the dress.  We dressed as cows for cow appreciation day at our local Chick-fil-a.

Hice un disfraz de vaca para Katy usando una camiseta vieja de Chris y fieltro, elástico, y cinta que tuve en la casa.  Usé este tutorial para hacer el vestido.  Nos vestimos como vacas para un evento en Chick-Fil-A.  


I also finished some farm animal hand puppets, which I made using a pattern and tutorial from Larissa Another Day.  I sewed most of the puppets by hand and only used the machine to sew the front and back sides of the puppets together.  I used thick felt because I want the puppets to withstand toddler handling.

También hice títeres de animales de granja usando un patrón de Larissa Another Day.  Cosí mucho por mano y solo usé la maquina de coser para unir el frente y la parte trasera de los títeres.  Usé fieltro grueso para hacer los títeres porque quiero que los resistan los manos de niñitos.



I made some tiny shopping bags for Katy's little shopping cart.  I made the first one following this tutorial almost to a tee.  The second one I changed a bit by rolling the top of the bag to create a cuff and adding much longer straps.  I prefer the second bag I made because it holds it's shape better and is easier for Katy to carry on her shoulder.

También hice bolsas de compras chicas para la canasta chica de Katy usando este tutorial.  Sigue el tutorial exactamente para hacer la primera bolsa.  La cambié la bolsa un poquita para hacer la segunda - doblé la parte superior para hacer un puño y hice correas mas largas.  Me gusta la segunda mas que la primera porque sostiene su forma mejor y Katy puede llevar la en su hombro.     





I made some family finger puppets.  I didn't follow a tutorial for these, just used my imagination.  My favorite is the grandpa.  I didn't make a dad because I ran out of steam on this project.

Hice títeres de dedo.  No usé un tutorial, solo usé mi imaginación.  Mi favorito es el abuelo.  No hizo un  papa porque no tengo tiempo ni energía para hacer mas títeres.


Chris finished our storage shed and it looks SO GOOD!  He started it about a year ago and has worked on it here and there.  He designed and built the entire thing, with a little help from his brother and my dad.

Chris terminó nuestra cabana y la mira MUY BIEN! La empezó al año pasado y trabajó en la cabana cuando tuvo tiempo.  Chris lo diseño y construyo todo, con un poquito ayuda de su hermano y mi papa. 


Front of the shed, as seen from our yard.
It's already full. 
The view of the shed from the front yard.
Katy also created loads of lovely pieces of artwork.  She is one busy artist, just like her mom and dad.

Katy también creo un montón de arte bonita.  Ella es una artista muy ocupada, como su mami y papi. 


Big art.
I drew it. Katy and I colored it together.
Katy's first attempt at cutting along the lines. 
She loves using markers.
Katy discovered glitter this summer and LOVES it.
Katy's first attempt to stay in the lines.  Not bad at all!
She told me she drew a tree, and it actually looks like a tree!

1 comment:

laSonya said...

I want to play at your house!!

I also want one of Katie's art works!!!!! Can you send one to Ashley and she can bring it over?!