Saturday, February 11, 2017

3-D Paper Heart Birth Announcement Art

When my sister-in-law was pregnant with my very first nephew, I made him a little something for his nursery incorporating the nursery theme and colors and the first letter of his name:


Two years later, when my sister-in-law gave birth to my very first nice, I knew I had to make her something special as well.  I was inspired by this image, and others similar, that I found on google:


After verifying the nursery colors, I punched out lots of hearts in three different sizes, scored them down the middle, and folded them in half.  This task was much more tedious than it sounds.  Next I created a template with cut outs for my largest flowers.  This was also much more tedious than it sounds.  Then, it was time to start gluing.



I used the smallest hearts to fill in the space between my larger flowers.  Gluing all those little hearts in place was also very tedious.


I finished it off by adding a raised strip of decorative paper containing baby's name, birth date, and birth weight.  I framed the print in a shadow box style frame.  The end result was well worth all the tedious work it took to get there!



1 comment:

Paul Heller said...

I wish I had your skills!