Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hot Air Balloon Nursery

Chris and I finished Baby's K's room the evening I went into labor.  I remember lying in the bath tub while my uterus contracted, listening to Chris hang book shelves in Baby K's room.  Luckily, Baby K could care less that we finished the room at the last minute.  In fact, she doesn't seem to appreciate the yellow, grey, and white color scheme or the hot air balloon theme nearly as much as I do.  I guess that much was to be expected.

A panoramic view.
Wreath on the door to her room.
One of Chris' favorites.
A very close family friend made the organizer on the wall.
Doug would love to get his teeth on the
rubber duck.
If I can't have an Eames rocker, I'll settle for tiny Eames
elephants.
Chris found the awesome dresser, and I splurged
on the chair.  I spend a lot of time in this chair!  
Balloons made from paper lanterns.
A baby bowl I used when I was a baby serves
as a catchall next to my nursing chair.
Can't have too many books!

My dad refinished the cradle, and Chris painted the
book shelves.
DIY rag banner turned out so cute!

I made the mobile, and my mom made the
blanket on the cradle.
My mom and I sewed the curtains.

I love goats, so naturally I love this hamper!

Tiny baby clothes are sooo cute!
Baby K is only two weeks old and already she has been showered with several pink gifts.  At this rate, it's only a matter of time before the girly pinks overtake the room.

2 comments:

laSonya said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I love all of this sooo much!! I can't wait to visit one day!!!!

laSonya said...

Also I love the french, goat, balloons and most of all the little adventure onsie!!!!