Friday, November 18, 2016

Katy's Homemade Dallas Cowboy's Shirt

Several years ago, Chris and I made homemade shirts for opposing teams in a football playoff game.  I still have my homemade Vikings shirt, but I never wear it because I am not really a Vikings fan.  Chris, however, wears his shirt frequently because he is a fully committed Cowboys fan who also loves Tony Romo.  Chris wanted to name our daughter Toni and per our pact, she would have been named Toni had the Cowboys won the Superbowl on the same day she was born.  Phew, dodged that bullet thanks to the Cowboys' stinker of a season last year and Katy's birth several days after the Superbowl.

Back to the shirt.  The no-sew, iron-on adhesive used to make Chris' shirt did not fare so well with all the washings over the years, so I finally sat down recently and sewed everything down for Chris.  In doing so, I realized that I could very easily make a matching jersey for Katy.  Within days, I found a plain grey shirt at the thrift store.  With a little cutting and sewing using scraps one evening, Katy had a matching shirt.

Mimicking the homemade look of Chris' shirt.

Matching shirts unite!

I love that I found a heart to use in Romo's name,

Sadly, just days after repairing Chris' shirt and making a matching one for Katy, Tony Romo announced that he will not be returning as quarterback for the Cowboys anytime soon.  Perhaps this means I will be making new shirts for both Chris and Katy in the near future.

1 comment:

laSonya said...

THESE ARE THE CUTEST!!!!!!!!!!