Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!

This weekend I traveled to the Fort Worth area to surprise my mom with a 60th birthday celebration.  I made a rainbow cake for the celebration, which I carried on the plane with me.  It was TSA inspected and approved.



All of  my mom's sisters, my dad's sister, and several of my cousins gathered at my Aunt's house on Saturday morning to surprise my mom when she came over after church.  She was very surprised to find everyone hiding in the kitchen.





On Sunday morning, the ladies went to the ArtBarn in Joshua for a private party.  The ArtBarn has a variety of glass, ceramic, and woodworking projects to choose from.  We had so much fun picking different projects and working around the large tables.  My aunt Denise brought lots of yummy food for everyone to munch on.  It was really fun to see everyone's finished projects at the end of the morning.  

Sara, Kelly, Hazel and Katie - the ambitious table.
Mom, Jennifer, Julia, Mimi, Lynda, Denise, and Jenny.
My mom and I. 

One of the employees helping Mimi finish her mug.





Such a fun place!
With our finished projects. 
I used to stay with Jolene and her girls while I was in undergrad.  Now
Jolene's girls are collegiate aged. 
Sorry for the picture overload, but we just had so much fun. 

Before returning home on Sunday evening, I met my first newphew.  Holding tiny baby Elijah while he slept in my arms was the icing on an already wonderful weekend.  


Tia Kim meets baby Elijah.

No comments: