Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's that time of year again - another birthday!  This year we celebrated a little earlier with dinner the day before my birthday. 



I attended a meeting the evening of my birthday.  When I arrived home, Katy ran/bounced to greet me at the door.  She was exploding with excitement and a giant smile, and she was saying, "I have a gift for you, I have a gift for you!"  She then ran to her room to retrieve the gift from its hiding spot under her bed and behind her cash register.  As she carried the wrapped gift to me and placed it in my hands she asked, "Is it the camera you want?"  Chris immediately cried out, "Katy!"  I couldn't do anything but laugh and give Katy a big hug.  Katy, however, was completely unaware of the impact of her prior words.  She just looked at me very calmly and stated, "it's a camera," and then offered to open it for me.  

Thank you Chris and Katy for a lovely birthday!  I can't wait to use my new camera.  And yes, it was the one I wanted. 

1 comment:

laSonya said...

I love her lack of ability to keep secrets!