Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fiesta!

I survived my second Fiesta, an annual eleven day celebration in San Antonio in honor of the Alamo.  Fiesta highlights this year include the half-taxi, half-cop vehicle parked outside NIOSA (Night in Old San Antonio).


Also a spectacle was the parking lot at my office one afternoon. The DJ under the stars and stripes tent started the party at two o'clock.  By the time I left work at five, the party included a limo.  


The King William Parade and King William Fair remains my favorite Fiesta event.  Last year at the King William Fair, Chris played a basketball shooting game and won a terribly tacky stuffed dog wearing Mexican flag shorts.


This year, Chris played the same game and won a shark wearing a red bandana.  


After the shark attacked Chris,


he traded it for two tacos.  


 Viva Fiesta!

1 comment:

laSonya said...

I love how he traded it for food. That's inspiring.