Friday, November 16, 2012

Life in the Valley

It is mid-November.  The forecasted high for the next four days in degrees Fahrenheit is 72, 72, 77, and 82.  This is why I have an orange tree.  This also creates winter Texans, some of whom live in the nicest mobile home parks I have ever seen.  

While driving home from work, I saw a truck with a magnetic sign advertising a concrete company.  The company's specialties?  Sidewalks, Drive-ways, Additions, and Remodelation.  Yes, someone ordered, and someone else printed, a sign using the word remodelation. 

I finally saw the Rio Grande.  To see the river, I had to walk out on an international bridge because the view was otherwise obstructed by a tall, thick concrete fence that cost $1 million a mile to construct.  In San Antonio, the river was lined with expensive homes, restaurants, lush vegetation, and sidewalks.  

Yesterday, I visited my neighbors at their house for the first time.  They invited me in and then gave me a tour of the entire house, including the master bedroom and bathroom.

The majority of my driving occurs at no more than 40 miles per hour, even when the speed limit exceeds 40 miles per hour.

My car insurance rate went up after I moved here.  Apparently, car theft is popular when an international border is only 11 miles away.  

I receive more Spanish TV stations than English TV stations.  Some of the Spanish stations are picked up from Mexico.  News broadcasts in Mexico are. . . tailored to please men.  Mexican TV programming in general is . . . tailored to please men.  

I tried Pan de Campo for the first time.  It's yummy.  I'll share some with you if you're ever in town.

1 comment:

laSonya said...

In that case I'll come right away!!! :)