Sunday, March 3, 2013

Go Doug Go!

It happened two weeks ago. Doug was in the back yard begging to play fetch. Chris and I were on the patio duly ignoring Doug's requests. Then, in a moment of desperation, Doug turned to his GoDogGo and finally put into action the prior month's training. It was an exciting moment and has since been followed by many exciting moments of independent fetch playing.


As Doug has become more comfortable with his automatic ball launcher, he has learned the noises that the machine makes as launch time becomes closer and closer.  The building anticipation associated with Doug's understanding of the machine's noises causes him to impatiently bark at the machine every single time it winds up and prepares to launch.  I feel sorry for my neighbors but not enough to turn off the machine.

I previously posted a blog in which I estimated that Chris and I may very well throw Doug's ball over 30,000 times if he lives the expected lifespan of a Jack Russell Terrier.  Now, with the GoDogGo, that number has the potential to be significantly less.  I like the sound of that, almost as much as I like the sound of Doug's impatient barking as he wears himself out in the backyard.

No comments: