Thursday, May 30, 2013

Caterpillar Invasion

I have been working hard in my yard for the last two months.  Our little house came with thick grass and big trees but only weeds in the flower beds.  I cleaned out the overgrown weeds in March and  over the next two months, I planted bulbs, bushes, flowers and grasses.  I've watered faithfully, and I'm in a never-ending battle with the summer heat and returning weeds.  It has been a lot of work, which is I why I am very unhappy with the army of small, black, fuzzy caterpillars taking over my yard.  They are very hungry caterpillars, they are having very hungry babies, and they love to eat my plants.  After a week of spraying pesticides, I continue to find caterpillars climbing on the brick or hanging off of the edge of a plant.  Even worse, tonight Chris found this ugly guy crawling across the dining room floor away from the potted plants in the house.  These things are ridiculously hungry!



Seriously, what does a girl have to do to get rid of these pesky plant killers?  

1 comment:

Sirill Benton said...

I am catching up on your interesting life!! Our life seem so boring compared to yours. :-) Nothing going on here... get up, eat, girl go to school. Girls come home. Sleep. Miss you guys tons