Sunday, July 14, 2013

Going Home

After Chris and I got married and moved to Lubbock, I was looking forward to our first visit "home" as a married couple.  A few months later we returned "home," and I discovered that some of my favorite things had changed a lot in a very short amount of time.  Since then, I've lowered my expectations when returning to visit a place I used to live.  I still look forward to seeing old faces and old places, but I go into it knowing that the faces and places may have changed a lot in my absence.

This summer Chris and I visited Lubbock, and so did several of our Lubbock friends who had also moved away over the last three years. Of course, some things had changed a lot over the last three years.  For example, I learned that our old neighbor Bill passed away (see Our Neighbor Bill).   Despite changes over the last three years, however, being in Lubbock with almost all of my Lubbock friends again felt so familiar and so comfortable that I felt like I had returned to an old "home."

When I told people I was moving to Lubbock, people would say, "I'm sorry." After I moved, people would congratulate me on getting out of Lubbock.  What all these people don't know is that I truly enjoyed living in Lubbock because of the very special people I met there.  Reuniting in Lubbock three years later was an awesome blessing.  I praise God for the amazing opportunity to experience on earth just a taste of what we will experience in heaven someday.

Friday Vespers at the Dixon House

Saturday Church Service.

Saturday after Church

Saturday Evening in the Youth Wing.

1 comment:

laSonya said...

I love going home too!