Friday, November 30, 2018

A Last-Minute (Surprise!) Trip to Denver

In the spring, we made tentative plans with my parents to spend Christmas in the Denver area, where my brothers live.  Then we found out I was pregnant with twins and decided a Christmas trip was a bit too close to my due date.  My parents and I tried to make a Thanksgiving trip work, but Chris and I were unable to find tickets at an affordable price.  My parents made plans to go anyways and we made plans to stay home.  Then, a couple weeks before Thanksgiving, Frontier Airlines opened a new route flying directly to Denver from our hometown.  Better yet, the tickets were more than affordable.  So we booked tickets, told my brothers, and made plans to surprise my parents with our arrival.    

It was so much fun to surprise my parents when we arrived at Casey and Amanda's house on Thanksgiving day.  My dad looked so confused at first and my mom was just saying, "No!?!?! No!?!?! What are you doing here?!?!"  

The next few days were a much needed break from all the activity back home.  Chris, who has been working long hours, spent much needed time with his family.  Katy finally opened up to her uncles, cousins, and aunts and had so much fun playing with all of them.  We visited a few sights and even saw our friend Jackson.  It was a perfect Thanksgiving and my second favorite Thanksgiving only to one we spent in Hondo with Mimi several years ago.  

My mom didn't understand why she was setting such a big table...until we arrived!

Enjoying the deck and fire pit after over eating. 


It was SOOOO windy!


At Red Rocks Amphitheater



Before the candy factory tour.  Nothing but blue skies.

After the candy factory tour.  The snow is coming!

We worked a puzzle after playing the newly wed game.  So much fun!


This girl LOVED walking in the snow!



We visited the Air Force Academy Chapel

The goats at Casey and Amanda's house. 


Dinner at Casa Bonita
The flight home from Denver was celebrated as the inaugural flight on the new Frontier route and therefore we were greeted with water sprays on the plane and balloons and treats at the gate.  It was a fun way to wrap up a fun trip.

No comments: