Thursday, December 27, 2018

The Kids Visit Santa

Katy visited Santa at Bass Pro Shop again this year.  As expected, she was very timid at first.  Thank goodness Santa was patient with her, despite the long line of children waiting to sit on his lap on the day before Christmas.  Of course, he had been equally patient with the lady who visited Santa before us...with her cat.  After much coaxing, Katy told Santa what she wanted: the doll on which you put make-up.  Santa looked up at me sarcastically and asked in a low voice, "Really?  Do they sell that?"  I appreciated Santa verifying with me that he was about to promise something that actually exists.

As we were leaving, Santa grabbed my arm and said, "one more picture."  He then directed me to sit on his knee and put my legs across his other knee.  I was a bit embarrassed at first, me being a grown woman sitting on this old man's lap.  But I understood Santa's motive as he placed his hand on my belly.  He seemed quite proud to give me my baby's first picture with Santa.

 

No comments: