Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April Fools - On Myself!

My last class of the day is located down a long corridor, one side of the hall lined with class room doors, the other side lined with tables and chairs for studying. As I was walking to class yesterday, I saw my friend sitting at one the tables. We were actually partners in a competition starting later that evening, so I stopped and told her I had class but that I would meet up with her afterwards to get ready for our competition. After I got out of class, I noticed that my friend was still sitting at the same table. Her backside was facing me as I walked down the hall, but I knew it was her because of her blonde hair, her size and posture, and her black suit jacket. As I approached her I gave into a last minute impulse to take advantage of the opportunity to startle her - a little innocent fun on April 1st. As I quietly leaned in toward her, I quickly blurted out, “Boo!” Her whole body jumped and she quickly turned around to see who was behind her. And that’s when I saw her face and realized this was not my friend; this was a complete stranger who just so happened to look a lot like my friend from behind. Oops – April Fools on me!

No comments: