Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Big Hat Debut

The only thing I really remember from the movie Pretty Woman is Julia Roberts and her hats. I always wanted to wear a hat like she did in that movie.



Well, this past weekend was the perfect opportunity for me to live out my very own scene from Pretty Woman. Here I am at my cousin Sara's wedding in my big hat debut.


The best part about wearing a hat is that you get compliments from all the cute, old men. The worst part about wearing a hat is smashing it in people's faces when you try to hug them. One of my uncles jokingly asked me if I was going to the Kentucky Derby after the wedding. No, I was not going to any horse race, however, that was the look I was going for.

As for the wedding itself, this was the first wedding Chris and I went to as a married couple. Our attendance at prior weddings always prompted the same question from everyone we ran into: "So, when are you going to get married?" Now the questions have shifted to, "So, when do you think you are going to start having children?" Chris loves this question so much that he has a pre-determined response. He says, "Let's see," as he squints his eyes and stares off, as if he's thinking real hard. He then starts counting silently on his fingers and, with a questioning inflection in his voice, says, "seven months?" This response always catches people off guard.

We had a great time at my cousin's wedding. And although I was fond of my hat, it paled in comparison to the beautiful bride. I now wish my cousin the same newly-wed bliss that I have immensely enjoyed.

No comments: