Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break Re-Cap

It's Sunday night at 9:45, the end of my much anticipated spring break. Not many people over 25 get a spring break, but I am one of the furtunate few (or possibly unfortunate because this means I'm still in school) who do. So what do adults do during spring break? Well, we don't go to Mexico and get drunk for days on end. Here's where I went for spring break:



I also went here:



That's my kitchen. I made lots of yummy food, including these delicious cupcakes:



Instead of going out of town for spring break, Chris and I were blessed with our first parental check-in. You know you're an adult when rather than going home to visit your parents, your parents come visit you. We showed them what Lubbock has to offer:







And we found some time for a friendly bowling match, during which Chris and I played as a team and scored a 146! My dad proudly pointed out that, as a team, we could beat President Obama, who is currently bowling in the 120's.



Hopefully my parents went home with good reports.

Of course I found a little time to goof around - Chris and I put our matching guitar hero guitars to use, we made our cumbia dancing premier, and I shared one of my passions - baking - with the local pathfinder club.

As a result of my vacation, my books are full of yellow highlighting, my husband's stomach is full of food, and I'm ready for the final countdown for final exams that will begin tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.

So, that's what an adult does during spring break.

No comments: