Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cassette v. CPU

Today at work I needed to listen to a casette tape. Here is a picture of the cassette player I used.



I placed the casette player on top of my computer's CPU, only to discover that the two machines were equal in size. But that is where their similarities ended, as their style and processing capabilities are polar opposites.

I had to ask for help operating the casette player twice. The first time I found myself fussing at a high-pitched, high-speed playback that I could not correct. By the time the second snafu popped-up, I was more than willing to admit that I could not remember much about casette tapes.

So I can't operate a bulky, out-dated cassette player without help - so what. I may have been born in the 80's, but by the time I was old enough to buy my own music, casette tapes had been replaced by CD's. It was a bit humorous, however, that I couldn't figure out the few simple buttons on the tape player but had no problem with my much more complex computer.

No comments: