Friday, September 10, 2010

Reconnecting With My Religious Side

Chris and I arrived home from our lengthy vacation at 7:30 on a Saturday morning. After purging the tiny rental car of all its contents and then cramming those same contents into our tiny apartment, Chris and I went to church. It was great to reconnect with our religious community after being absent for the past three weeks. It was also great to enjoy the bounty of food at potluck, especially since the pantry at home was bare.

On Sunday Chris and I went to the opening Red Raider game at Jones Stadium. This was our first attendance at what could be called the community-wide "Church of Lubbock" (college football is a religion in this town). After seat hopping to trade our hot, sunny seats for pleasant seats in the shade, we were able to enjoy the game (unlike the people I saw being carried out by EMS due to heat stroke).


I think I have experienced Lubbock to it's fullest:

1. Prairie Dog Town: check.
2. Stars and Strips Drive-in: check.
3. Windmill Museum: check.
4. Giant Buddy Holly Glasses: check. check. check.
5. Red Raider Game: Check.

I suppose it's time to move now...

No comments: