Thursday, December 8, 2011

Family Reunion

This past September, the women on my mom's side of the family converged in a small west Texas town for a family reunion with my mom's dad's family.  I hitched a ride with my aunt, cousin, and cousin's daughter and could not believe how much stuff three women and baby need for a two night trip - ridiculous!


The family reunion was held on a Saturday morning.  I really enjoyed meeting my grandfather's brother, Randall.  We bonded over our shared love for his adorable dog Mitzi.


Equally interesting was the door prize table.  Just look at all those goodies - a vase of rocks, a ceramic rooster, a pair of scissors, sugar free candy.


Actually, because I really wanted one of the plants, I anxiously awaited my turn when it came time to draw numbers.  When my number was finally drawn, I grabbed my grandma's cane, threw it into the air, and danced my way over to the table as if I was a contestant on the Price is Right.  In the end, there were prizes for everyone.


The rest of the weekend was spent at a hotel, but I can't really quantify what exactly we did.  I know that I went to Target at least twice, napped in one bed, and slept in two others.  Also, at one point I rewrote the chorus to Ludicris' song "Move B***, Get Out the Way," as a child friendly song called "Moo Cow, Eat up the Hay."  All in all, a pretty good weekend.

No comments: