Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mr. Sias Turns 30

Last month Chris turned 30.  I asked Chris what he wanted to do to celebrate.  He told me, "Stay home and watch T.V."  I ignored him and planned a small birthday party at the apartment, which elicited a surprisingly sour reaction.  He explained that he did not want a party and that being the center of attention made him nervous.  Again, I ignored him.  I knew that he would regret watching T.V. to celebrate his 30th birthday.

Vivian and I made these architecturally themed chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling.  Chris decorated two of them.  Can you find his version of the Dallas Cowboys stadium and the Guggenheim Museum?

Needless to say, Chris had nothing to worry about.  He even had some help blowing out all those trick candles.


Doug joined in the festivities, until the spring-loaded, party poppers came out.  Then he hid in the bathroom and tried to escape out the front door out of fear.


Last week I saw Chris putting one of his birthday cards in storage.  I guess he realized that a 30th birthday is kind of special after all.

No comments: