Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hugo Chavez, Part 2

As you may recall, Chris purchased a washer and dryer from Craigslist when we moved to San Antonio in 2010.   The washer and dryer were warrantied by none other than Hugo Chavez (see here).  The machines were ridiculously tiny, but they worked well.

My new house in the Valley came with a washer and dryer, and the new washer and dryer are nice and big.  I can now wash a set of bed sheets and a blanket at the same time!  I can also wash more than three towels at once!  Initially (i.e. for a very short amount of time), doing laundry in the new house was actually exciting.  

With the advent of a new washer and dryer, the tiny machines from San Antonio wound up on Craigslist once again.  An elderly couple purchased the machines for their winter RV.  A few days later, the couple threatened to return the machines because "they didn't work."  The couple later recanted and stated that the machines were working well.  Thank goodness, because otherwise I was going to refer them to Hugo Chavez.  In fact, I found Hugo's warranty during our move and I would have gladly given it to them.

No comments: