Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Birthday

This month I turned 31.  After the impressive birthday celebration Chris planned last year, I expected this birthday to pass quietly and without commotion.  That's why I was very surprised to come home from the mall on the eve of my birthday and find several friends waiting to celebrate.  The theme of the evening was Alice in Wonderland, and it was fabulous surprise to find my backyard filled with lights, candles, balloons, and banners!


When it came time for cake and ice cream, I insisted that Chris put 31 candles on my birthday cake.  The result was what appeared to be one large flaming cake and a lake of melted wax.  Aging is hard on everyone, even birthday cakes.




As if a surprise celebration was not enough, Chris made reservations on my actual birthday for us to eat at the only restaurant in the Valley that serves beef wellington.  Beef wellington is steak wrapped in puff pastry, something that Chris and I have wanted to try for a while.  The beef wellington was good, but I discovered that a twice-baked potato wrapped in puff pastry is even better.  This girl prefers vegetables over steak any day, even on her birthday and even when wrapped in puff pastry.

All said, I had an absolutely lovely birthday.  Thank you to Chris and everyone else who made it a special day!

2 comments:

laSonya said...

Oooooh! Fun! Happy Birthday!

laSonya said...

Also I love how I seem to be the only one who comments on your blogs :)