Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Travels

Only a few weeks into the summer and I have already spent a considerable number of hours on the road.  Over Memorial Day weekend, Chris and I went to Corpus Christi with our friend Brian.  We watched a movie in 3D at the Imax (it was a huge screen), toured the retired aircraft carrier U.S.S. Lexington (a very patriotic thing to do on Memorial Day), and spent a day at the Texas State aquarium (where I saw teeny, tiny baby jelly fish).


The first weekend of June Chris and I drove to South Padre Island with our friends Gabe and Rachella. The weather was hot, but the water felt so cool and was clear enough that even I went for a swim.


Last weekend, Chris and I drove to Fort Worth to visit the usual suspects.  It was a long trip made bearable by (1) Chris driving while I finished a good book, (2) a quick and expensive stop at Ikea, and (3) two pit stops at Buc-ee's, the largest and cleanest convenience store/gas station I've ever been to.


I love summer traveling, but I am looking forward to a couple of days at home this weekend. 

1 comment:

laSonya said...

I love your family! Come road trip out here :)