Saturday, May 3, 2014

Tall Tales

Being above-average height and living in a predominately hispanic area does not stop me from indulging in my love of tall shoes.  There's something exciting about being almost six feet tall and talking to the men at work at eye level.  A couple of weeks ago, I was walking through Hobby Lobby in a pair of particularly tall, denim pumps.  After walking by a small woman with a pre-school age son, I heard the boy tell his mother, "That lady is really tall."  The mother nonchalantly agreed with her son and continued shopping.  Unsatisfied with his mother's unimpressed response,  the boy reiterated his point: "That lady is really tall, and you are really small."   I wanted to compliment the boy on his use of rhyming comparison words, but instead I just smiled.  Being tall really is exciting.  

1 comment:

laSonya said...

I love being tall.