Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Toddlers and Tampons

Katy likes to dig through my bathroom drawers while I'm brushing my teeth, combing my hair, and primping a bit in the morning.  So it didn't surprise me much that, while grabbing a box of tampons at the store, Katy asked me, "Mommy, do you need tampons?"  I was surprised, however, when a few days later, as I was walking to the restroom at the library, Katy loudly asked me, "Mommy, do you have your tampons?"

Katy le gusta explorar mis cajones in el baño mientras estoy cepillando mis dientes, peinando mi cabello, y acicalandome un poquito en la mañana.  Por eso, no me sorprendió cuando agarré una caja de tampones en la tienda y Katy me pidió,  "Mami, necesitas tampones?"  Pero sí me sorprendió cuando unos días más tarde, mientras caminamos al baño en la biblioteca, Katy me pidió, "Mami, tienes tus tampones?" 

It's time for Katy to give me a little privacy in the bathroom.

Es tiempo que Katy me da un poco más privacidad en el baño.

No comments: