Saturday, February 3, 2018

The Yellow Table Cloth

El Mantel Amarillo

I had a yellow tablecloth.  It was plastic with tiny white flowers and green leaves on it.  I bought it on clearance at Target not knowing what I would use it for.  Then I used it for Katy's first birthday celebration at our house.  I'm not one to throw away plastic tablecloths unless they are torn or stained.  This tablecloth, being extra thick, was neither.  So I saved it.  And I used it for Katy's second birthday celebration.

Tuve un mantel amarillo.  Fue plastico con chicos flores blancos y hojas verdes.  Lo compré en Target en venta sin saber que haría con el.  Lo usé unos meses después para cubrir la mesa durante la fiesta del primer cumpleaños de Katy.  No me gusta tirar un mantel plastico en la basura si no esta sucio ni roto.  Entonces, lo guardé  y lo usé para cubrir la mesa durante la fiesta del segundo cumpleaños de Katy.  

I used the same yellow tablecloth for Katy's third birthday party last month.  As I was unfolding it, it smelled a little old but also brought back good memories.  I thought to myself, "this is our birthday tablecloth."

Usé el mismo mantel para cubrir una mesa durante la fiesta del tercer cumpleaños de Katy.  Cuando lo abrí, olía un poco viejo pero también me trajo recuerdos buenos.  Pensé, "Este es mi mantel de cumpleaños."  

In the hustle of cleaning up after Katy's third birthday party, someone threw away the yellow tablecloth.  It made me a little sad. It was a good tablecloth, it had a lot of life left, and it had good memories.

En la prisa de limpiar después de la fiesta del tercer cumpleaños de Katy, alguien tiró el mantel amarillo en la basura.  Me lo hizo un poco triste.  Fue un mantel bueno, con recuerdos buenos y mas potencial.  

Farewell yellow tablecloth.

Adios mantel amarillo.

First Birthday: the yellow table cloth under the paper table runner. 

Second Birthday: The yellow tablecloth over a read tablecloth. 

Third Birthday: The yellow tablecloth one final time.

No comments: