Friday, June 21, 2019

Hawk Dogs and Tiny Fingers

Katy seems much bigger now that we have small infants, but she's only four years old.  One thing I want to remember about her at this age is the little mispronunciations she makes.  She loves to eat "hawk dogs" (hot dogs), she likes her food "worm" (warm) but not hot, she's not too "smaul" (small) to do things, and she loves organizing her treasures in her make-up "vanery" (vanity).  Four is a fun age.

The treasures in the make-up vanery.
On the topic of things I want to remember, right now I am so in love with the way the twins sometimes run their little hands up and down my arm when I am holding them.  The soft pressure of their tiny fingers moving along my arm, occasionally grasping my skin or fingers, is so relaxing.  It reminds me of when Katy was a toddler and would wake me up in the morning by gently running her fingers along the lines of my face.  There's something special about the gentle touch of tiny fingers. 

No comments: