Monday, November 11, 2019

Summer Posts in November

How is it already November?!?!?! I've been absent here for a while but let me explain.

A couple months ago Katy spilled a glass of water on the keyboard of my laptop.   Of course she didn't tell me about the spill, so the computer sat with a puddle of water on the keyboard for several hours.  Somehow the computer still works but the mousepad is super slow, completely unresponsive at times, or even a few times operated by a super-speedy, totally ADHD ghost user who clicks on everything and anything in rapid succession.   When the mouse pad does work, waiting for the cursor to catch up with my movements reminds me of using dial-up internet when I was in college.  It's frustrating! 

I think I've figured out a way to use my computer again, but now it's November and I haven't blogged in weeks (ahem...months).  So here goes my attempt to catch up: Here's what happened over the summer! 

1.  We had several visitors.  Gigi, Pops, and Grandma Dorothy visited in late May and again in July with Layla and Nolan.  My cousin Sara visited with her two girls in June. 



2.  Katy continued her ballet lessons, started swim lessons, and attended a one-week art class.    



3.  Katy learned to ride her bike!


4.  In June, Katy went to VBS and loved it so much that she cried when it was over. 


5.  During the week of VBS, our little town received 13 inches of rain in one night.  Thankfully our house did not flood, but we did have several inches of water covering our backyard the following morning.  I was very disappointed that Katy did not want to splash in our giant puddle of a yard.  The day after the rain, we tried to go to VBS but were unable to exit the freeway because the access roads were underwater.  It was a lot of rain!

6.  I started taking the girls to the library regularly for story time and with me as I run errands.  Almost every time I go out by myself with all the girls, we are stopped multiple times by strangers.  Comments are usually some variation of the following: 
  • Wow, you must be busy! 
  • You have your hands full!
  • Are they twins?
  • My (aunt, sister, cousin, friend, etc) has twins?
  • How do you do it?
Of course some people ask strange things sometimes.  One person asked if the twins were a boy and a girl, even though both girls were wearing a bow.  Another lady asked if I would invite her to the first birthday party for the twins and was offended when I said no.    

7.  We attended the local Fourth of July celebration, which featured several attractions including a bouncy house overloaded with kids.  Katy, who normally shies away from crowded, new environments, loved it and bounced until we told her it was time to leave.  It was awesome to see her so confident.  

8.  Because we live so close to Chris' place of employment now, he was able to join us for our annual lunch at Chick-Fil-A on cow appreciation day. 



9.  I bought a new tandem carrier and have been loving it.  I never carried Katy on my back because getting her on my back scared me.  But with the twins, I had to learn how to do it.  Now, almost every time I start loading the back baby while in public, strangers come rushing from somewhere to offer their help. It has even happened more than once while I am loading the babies in the parking lot.  It must look quite scary as I do the hip scoot to move the first baby onto my back.  

We got out and about more as a family over the summer than we did during the winter.  Thanks babies for growing up a little so we can be somewhat normal again!  

No comments: