Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm Happy

Today is my wedding anniversary. My "life as a Sias" began two years ago today. There are two things I will remember about this anniversary.

1. Cotton. Cotton is the traditional second wedding anniversary gift. Chris gave me an assortment of things made out of cotton, some obvious (socks), others not so obvious (a fresh cotton scented candle). Then we ate at The Cotton Patch.

2. Key. When we tried to leave The CottonPatch, the car key broke off in the door. Chris' co-worker Brandon was kind enough to give us a ride home to retrieve the spare. He was our kind helper/awkward third wheel.

I could conclude with a soliloquy about how much I love my husband, but I think I'll decline. Not because I don't love him, but because those words are (1) terribly insufficient and (2) meaningful to my husband and myself but too mushy for everyone else. I will say only this: I am happy. Very happy.

1 comment:

Sirill Benton said...

Congratulations to you both!