Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Snow Day!

Last week it snowed again! When I left for school in the morning, it was raining. Two hours later, I was shocked to see that everything was covered in snow.

Being that I am a native Texan, I am not well-equipped for dealing with snowy weather. Before driving home, I scraped the snow off my windshield and windows. It was not until I was driving, however, that I realized I should have cleaned off the hood as well. Had I cleaned off the hood, my vision would not have been obstructed by the mound of snow that I removed from my windshield. Had I the forethought to clean off the hood, I would have had the forethought to clean off my lights as well, so that they would actually shine on the road before me as I drove home on a cloudy, sunless afternoon. Unfortunately, I did not have this forethought, and when I parked at home I did not realize that my headlights were still on because they were covered in snow.

Nor did I not notice that my car lights were on when I went out later in the day to take pictures of our snowy landscape. But I sure did enjoy the way our "backyard" looked.


Later that afternoon, my neighbor came knocking on my front door seeking a "boost." Earlier that day I heard him operating various hand tools through our common wall, so I thought he needed help with some project in his apartment. I was perplexed because I didn't know how I would lift-up (boost) this guy who is 6 inches taller than me, much less do it without blushing. My neighbor noticed my perplexed look right away. "Can you give my car a boost," he said, "I left my lights on."

Happy that I could help out my neighbor, I bundled up and headed out the door. I told my neighbor that we were really fortunate that I was parked right next to him in the parking lot, which would have been true had I not left my lights on as well. Chris arrived home from work within a half hour and helped us solve the problem.


In case you can't tell, Chris parked on my right and jumped my car. Then I jumped my neighbor's car. Then Chris and I went and took a lovely picture in the snow, at which time Chris told me I looked like Kenny from South Park.

All in all, it was a eventful snow day.

No comments: