Saturday, February 27, 2010

Winter Olympics

The 2010 winter olympics are almost over. The first week of TV coverage was very distracting. I found myself watching for hours at a time. I recall thinking that the olympics should be on year-round, but after a week I had enough and year-round olympics no longer sounded so exciting. Nonetheless, here are some olympic highlights according to Kim.

1. Figures Skating Outfits. This is figure skating's pair Yuko Kavaguti and Alexander Smirnov. If this picture could talk, it would say "Sorry Honey, the swan ate my huevos."

2. Group Races. I most enjoyed short track speed skating, ski-cross, and snow-board cross. These races combine four key factors: high speeds, lots of turns, a slick surface, and athletes racing together rather than individually. This combination guarantees nail-biting suspense as racers try to avoid the inevitable: an ugly, high-speed crash. And unlike Nascar where highspeed crashes are often the highlight of the race, these olympic events do not require me to watch 499 uneventful laps just to see the one exciting lap.

3. Doppelgangers. I discovered that Chris's doppelganger is Apollo Anton Ohno.


All that Chris is missing is a gold medal or two...

No comments: