Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Surprises

Christmas came and went with a bang this year. First, I made a totally awesome tacky Christmas sweater, complete with a headpiece.


Second, my parents and grandparents visited.  I took them on car rides, tram rides, and boat rides, fed them a delicious Christmas dinner, and forced them to watch a classic Christmas movie (which they seemed to enjoy despite the occasional foul language).


Sometimes, however, the Christmas excitement was just too much for my Grandpa. 


Finally, I received a very big surprise on Christmas morning.  Chris documented the surprise and posted the video on youtube for your viewing pleasure.  


Apparently, Chris snuck to Houston last week in pursuit of my dream car, in my preferred color and with my choice interior finish.  He then hid the car at the airport and moved it to his office on Christmas eve.  Chris then woke up at four a.m. on Christmas morning to retrieve the car, only to realize that he wrapped the key in an oversized box.  Luckily, the key only needs to be in the car to start it (there is no actual ignition slot).  So, at four a.m., wearing his pajamas and carrying a wrapped box under his arm, Chris jogged to his office to retrieve my Christmas gift, making for a very interesting sight.        


In the past,  I made fun of the car commercials showing a husband who surprises his wife with a new car on Christmas morning.  I thought, "Who really does that?"  Little did I know I was making fun of my future self and my future husband.  Now, having been the recipient of one of these extravagant surprises,  I can say that it feels really, really fabulous, even if it means that your husband bought you a car and you only bought him a pair of boots.      

Chris models his boots.

From the depths of South Texas (and the seat of my new car!), Merry Christmas. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kimberly - You deserve everything Chris gives you, including his love. You are lucky and so is he. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Kimberly - You deserve everything Chris gives you, including his love. You are lucky and so is he. Enjoy!

laSonya said...

ROAD TRIP TO CALIFORNIA!!!!!!

Sirill Benton said...

That was a great video! I told Tom I want to trade him out for a new husband. ha ha. We miss you guys.