Saturday, December 14, 2013

My Big Table

Three years ago, Chris and I designed a table that my talented dad built it for us.  The table is simple,  beautiful, and about nine feet long.  This extra long table fit perfectly in the apartment in San Antonio, so perfectly that I felt like I was living in a magazine.


When Chris and I moved from our apartment, we were lucky to find a house that accommodated our oversized table.  Although the table no longer enjoys a magazine quality setting, the table has adjusted well and has even acquired two additional chairs.  Regardless of the backdrop, it is a beautiful table.


Most of the time. Chris and I are the only people using our table.  Nine feet is a lot of table for two people, which means that we usually use only one small section at the end.  I wanted a big table, however, because a big table has big potential.

A big table is perfect for birthday and holiday celebrations.

Christmas 2010
Chris'  Birthday 2013
Thanksgiving 2013
A big table is also perfect for a game night.

Game Night San Antonio Style
Game Night McAllen Style
A big table also substitutes as a handy workspace.

Building a puzzle.  The puzzle is actually on a piece of glass.  The
 glass is the table top from the first dining table Chris and I owned,
which occupied half of our living room in our first apartment.
Work surface for building a pine car.
Really, a big table is just a great gathering place.

My Birthday 2013
Backyard Movie Night
In just three years, my table has lived up to its big potential.  Thanks, Dad, for a perfect table.    

1 comment:

Sirill Benton said...

Yes, I agree. I love BIG tables!