Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Summer Progress

June is almost over.  Katy has been busy going to story time at the library, cooling off in the water, drawing on the sidewalk with chalk, going for walks, learning animal names and sounds (will it ever end?!?!?), and learning to stand in/on various objects.

Enjoying the splash park.
Splash park joy.
Standing in a frying pan.
Standing in an angel food cake pan.
I've been busy with a baby showers, craft projects, keeping Katy entertained, and trying new recipes. This week's new recipes included Caribbean coconut sweet potatoes, chicken stock from a chicken carcass, and a very low sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup (I am currently obsessed with cutting sodium in the Sias household diets).  Katy loved the sweet potatoes, the cream of mushroom soup smelled wonderful, and the chicken broth turned out very gelatinous, which I now know is a good thing thanks to google and my sister-in-law who is a chef.

With all the activity between Katy and I, I wonder how I ever had time to work.  

No comments: