Friday, April 14, 2017

Small Successes/Exitos Pequeños

Only five blogs into my new plan to write my blogs in both English and Spanish, I learned something incredibly useful.  Well, I've learned several things, but I learned one thing in particular that really excites me.  I learned that the preterite tense of the verb "to be" is conjugated exactly the same as the preterite tense of the verb "to go."  I've always clearly understood that fui, fuiste, fue, fuemos, and fueron meant I went, you went, he/she/it went, we went, and they went, respectively, but I did not understand why these same words were used in other contexts.  Nonetheless, somehow I figured how to use these words without really understanding why.  Now I know!  Fui, fuiste, fue, fuimos, and fueron also mean I was, you were, he/she/it was, we were, and they were, respectively.

Solo cinco blogs en mi plan nuevo para escribir mis blogs in Ingles y Español y ya aprendí algo nuevo y increíblemente util.  Pues, había aprendido varias cosas, pero aprendí recientamente algo que me hace mucha emoción.  Aprendí que el pretérito del verbo ser es el mismo que el pretérito del verbo ir.  Siempre he sabido que fui, fuiste, fue, fuemos, y fueron significan el pretérito del verbo ir pero no entendí porque se usan las mismas palabras en otro contextos.  Sin embargo, de alguna manera, aprendí como usar esas palabras sin entender la razón exactamente.  Ahora yo se!   Fui, fuiste, fue, fuimos, y fueron también significan el pretérito del verbo ser!

I definitely needed this boost of encouragement because writing my blogs in Spanish is, at times, so incredibly tedious and time consuming.

De seguro, necesité este aliento porque escribir mis blogs in Español es, a veces, tan tedioso y require mucho tiempo.

No comments: