Sunday, January 31, 2016

Katy's Walking!

Katy's first steps were accidental.  It took her a while to realize she could walk but once she did, things progressed quickly.  At first, she used furniture and other objets to stand and balance.  When she fell, she continued to her target by crawling.  In no time, however, Katy realized she could stand up and take off on her own.  That's when she stopped crawling.

Katy's gait is comical: she teeters and wobbles, she has a wide stance, and she stumbles a lot.  She has a hard time multi-tasking or transitioning between uneven surfaces.  She frequently forgets to watch her step for large or small objects in her path.  None of this stops Katy from walking all over the place every chance she gets.

Before Katy started walking, she was still very much a baby to me.  She looked big to me because I compared her to her former tiny baby self.  Walking Katy is a toddler to me.  Now I compare her to other toddlers and she looks small again to me.  I like that.

Katy LOVES playing outside.
Looking small in the bathtub. 
Katy and Doug are both fascinated by the sprinkler wells.

No comments: