Wednesday, March 1, 2006

My New ID and Other Inappropriate Things

Last week I had a new school ID made. All students have to get a new ID because when you get the new ID, the computer also assigns a new student ID number. It's all a part of the school trying to move away from using social security numbers. All of this is very boring and undeserving of mention in a blog, however it does explain why I went to the Mav Express office in the first place. So I went to get my new ID. My old ID was awful. I remember when I had it done. It was my first year at UTA and I made sure that I wore something cute and that my hair was fixed. Well, the ID machine wasn't working very well that day and my picture came out really light...seriously, I look like a ghost. You can't even tell what I'm wearing or that my hair was fixed, much less that I even have hair. It was a terrible let down at the time. The new ID experience was not much different from the first. I woke up early that morning, although not by choice this time; it was one of those really annoying nights where you wake up at four in the morning and can't go back to sleep. On the upside, this gave me plenty of time to actually do something with my hair other than a pony tail. I think I looked cute. Even the guy working in the office thought I looked cute, actually his exact words, spoken in an indian accent, were "you are very pretty." He was totally hitting on me the whole time I was in there. It took forever for my ID to print, mainly because it jammed up the machine. This made me question the "you are very pretty" remark and think more along the lines of "breaking the camera." At the time it seemed very ironic, however now it seems less so. But I got my new ID, and my picture looks much better...I look alive.

On a more interesting note, Saturday night Chris and I went to see a live performance of the Vagina Monologues with Ashley and Fred. :O What an adventure. Chris immediatley took note of the "liberal" audience, which was mainly female, although he was much more keen to sticking around when two lesbians kissed right in front of us. He also found amusement in wearig an "I love Vaginas" button on the crouch of his jeans. I didn't have any idea what the Vagina Monologues were going to be about, but after seeing it I would say that the title is very fitting. It's basically about the compelxity of the Vagina, which made me wonder if there could be a male-counterpart about the complexity of the penis? As for that, I have my own opinion but ultimately I would have to say that organ is out of my area of expertise. Anyhoo, the whole thing was pretty entertaining. It takes a special level of comfort to get up infront of a big group and talk so bluntly about vaginas. I on the other hand, couldn't help but blush as I explained it to my coworkers yesterday. And just for the record, I strongly dislike the words for male and female private parts that I used so freely in this blog. I would never say them to any of you out loud...if I did I would turn 10 different shades of red.

No comments: