Friday, March 17, 2006

Trip to the Big Blue

Are you ready to hear about my exciting spring break excursion? This morning Fred, Ashley, Chris and I piled into the car and set in for a long drive...well, not that long. It's not like we drove to the coast or to Panama City or anything, but we did drive all the way to Ikea! Ikea...that gynormous blue building that was all the rage when it first opened. I know it's not the typical way for a college student to spend spring break, but I have a big trip to New York City coming up that is going to cost a lot. I have to make sacrifices now so that later I can really live it up. And besides, Ikea was pretty cool. It's huge and there is so much stuff inside. After the first two hours I was suffering from shopper's overload; too much stuff, not enough brain to remember it all. It's a great place for ideas or to just look around. I bought some blinds. Chris bought a chair, a table and a lamp. Speaking of lamps, they have a ton of them. They have table lamps, floor lamps, hanging lamps, and lamps that are mounted on the wall. They have paper lamps, plastic lamps, glass lamps, metal lamps, and all kinds of combinations. They have round lamps, square lamps, and every shape in between, including lamps with octopus arms. All in all, it was a good trip. I can't wait until I have a whole house to decorate.