Monday, March 27, 2006

The Phantom of Pharts

Sunday Chris and I went to see The Phantom of the Opera at Music Hall in Fair Park. Around 5 in the afternoon I decided I wanted to wear a new shirt, and realized I needed some new shoes to go with it. This wouldn't have been a big deal except that we were supposed to leave my house at 6:30. So I rushed into town and did some Kamikaze shoe shopping...and found some really cute brown shoes. I guess women can shop like men, but only when they're under extreme pressure. Chris showed up to my house almost half an hour early, which would have been fine had I not made a last minute run to town. As it was though, I was downstairs ironing, wearing lounge pants and a bra when he knocked on the door; needless to say I had to get dressed faster than I expected. The evening was like a real date, which is something we really don't do that often anymore. If we're dressed up and going somewhere together, odds are we're probably going to church. Chris brought me a rose, he had cleaned his car and was all dressed up too; it was fun and it felt like some of our first dates. The show was really great. Even Chris liked it and he hates musicals. The staging, costumes, choreography, sets and special effects were really cool. And I really loved the seamless scene transitions. The replications of the Paris Opera house were cool too, and very authentic. All of the pyrotechnics were an added bonus, some of which really startled me. Our seats were at the very front of our section, so in front of us was a wide walkway. That was nice because we didn't have any big hair in front on us and we had plenty of room to stretch our legs. During the intermission/interval I was watching the people coming back to their seats when I noticed this one strange guy. He was a young guy, dressed real nice. He walked up the aisle, turned onto the walkway in front of our seats, paced back and forth for a couple of seconds and then went back down the aisle to where he came from. I was thinking to myself, "what is he doing?" Almost instantly Chris and I looked at each other and started laughing. This terrible body odor started moving across our row. The girls next to us started laughing and waving their playbill to fan the awful smell. Excuse my crude language, but that guy pulled a drive-by-farting. It was pretty funny, especially considering the environment.

No comments: